“I will teach them a new word: peace. I will give peace to those who are near and to those who are far away. I will heal them.” The LORD himself said this.(Isaiah 57:19, ERV)
GBC Guidelines on Epidemic Prevention
The world and Taiwan are going through a critical time in bringing the spread of the new coronavirus (Wuhan virus) under control. In order to fight the epidemic and avoid burdening the Taiwan medical system, GBC will do as follows:
General guideline: For the period from now until February 16th, all GBC meetings will continue as usual, but all meetings providing food and drinks are cancelled. GBC will keep in touch with the situation and will update decisions as necessary. Updates will be posted on the GBC website.
Specific guidelines: All GBC meetings & people attending GBC meetings are required to closely follow these guidelines:
- When entering GBC, be sure to wear a mask (correctly covering the mouth and nose) and immediately clean your hands with hand sanitizer (either your own or provided by GBC). GBC will station volunteers at the entrances to GBC to measure people’s temperatures. If you feel uncomfortable wearing a mask in GBC, or if you have a sore throat, cough, runny nose, or fever (37.5 ° C or above), please stay at home to avoid the risk of infecting others. GBC side door (leading to the coffee deck) will be closed. If you have special needs requiring you to use the side door and ramp, please contact the front desk.
- In order to decrease the chance of person-to-person transmission, do not sit closely together during worship times and in classrooms. Make good use of the upper floor of the Sanctuary to increase the space between people. Please follow the ushers’ instructions.
- GBC does Sunday live broadcasting regularly (English worship service from 10:00 a.m.; Chinese worship service from 11:30 a.m.) through the website. We encourage brothers and sisters who cannot come to the church due to various circumstances to worship the Lord with GBC online and to not stop worshipping.
- As a matter of prudence, if GBC staff, members, believers and guests have recently returned to Taiwan from Mainland China, Hongkong, and Macao, or have been in close contact with relatives, friends and/or neighbors who are thought to have contracted the new coronavirus, please stay at home, even if you have no symptoms. Isolate yourself for 14 days to observe whether you are in good health. Tell GBC if you are suspected of having, or are diagnosed with, the new coronavirus or other flu.
- GBC encourages all brothers and sisters to maintain telephone contact and intercession during this anti-epidemic period. Please care for the needs of neighbors, the situation in Taiwan, and the situation around the world with prayer, and especially pray for medical personnel.
- GBC will continue to watch the latest developments relating to the epidemic so as to modify and update the above guidelines. Updates will be posted on the GBC website: www.gbc.org.tw/en.
- If brothers or sisters need GBC pastoral staff to pray for you during this time, please email your prayer requests to Minister Priscilla at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please call GBC at 02-23625321 ext 136 and leave your contact information to make sure that you get a reply.